You totally miss the point of my email.

Why should I have to resort to drawing up a window in one colour then
changing it and suffering a flash as the colours change? It's not just GD2, happens also if you try this in a non-GD2 system

Simple example. A menu with one loose item and one info window.

10 MDRAW #0,win1_testmenu_men
20 MWINDOW #0,1! : PAPER #0,2 : CLS #0 : REMark this flashes two
colours
30 REPeat loop
40   num = MCALL(#0)
45   IF num = -1 THEN EXIT loop
50 END REPeat loop
60 MCLEAR #0

1. I can't change the colour of the border or main window unless I
cover the main window with an info window. If Easyptr allowed, say,
MWINDOW #0,0 for the main outline it might then be possible to change
the main menu colour.

2. On a slow computer (my PC is slow enough) line 10 draws the menu.
The info window briefly flashes up in its designed colour then changes
colour. If I designed the infdo window to be green, then change it to
red in line 20, there is an annoying flash. Unforrtunately, MSETUP,
then changing paper colour of the element, then MDRAW does not work,
MDRAW seems to change paper colour.

I totally object to you claiming it is workable in high colour as it
stands. The flashing alone is irritating.

So I am not wrong at all. There are things you can't do and there are
plenty of things which can only be done as workarounds as it stands.

What shoul;d happen is that the menu can be set up, colour values
defined then the menu drawn. As it stands, menus have to be drawn and
they flash into different colours. Anyone who doubts me on that is
welcome to come here and try. It is the exact reason why none of my
Easyptr programs use high colours, I couldn't stand the flashing.

If it was possible to do something like:

MSETUP #0,mymenu:rem don't show original on screen
REMark change colours before originals are drawn
MCOLOUR #0,menu_element_number,colour_number
MDRAW #0 : REM draw in new colours

it might be possible for me to do what I want, whichis to allow users to specify colours in a config block and set these at runtime.

Dilwyn Jones

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wolfgang Uhlig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>