In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, gwicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
At this stage there was some doubt over the legal position, which in itself led to a lot of misunderstanding because no one had thought of asking Albin. I understand that he is quite happy for the program to be upgraded.
Jochen and I have never had any doubts over the legal position because Albin handed control of over to us. He did, at the time say, he would reassume control when the colour drivers cam out but that tool too long and he is now out of the mondset which created it.

When I last saw the upgraded version all it did was allow you to use GD2 colours directly, but nothing else. For example, if you use high resolution sprites you have to load these into EasyMenu every time you make changes to a menu.
This is true and I am not sure how they would work when that menu was used. I have been experimenting with it myself recently because I have updated my Invoicing program. I find I cannot get high colour sprites to stick. Marcel had a look at it for me but said :

''Well, as far as I remember the whole object code is a complete mess, I'm not surprised it isn't working... I tried it with the example file above, but even though the sprite is loaded again Sysmon starts beeping, so doesn't work too well either.'

I would be happy to release the version I have here as a free upgrade but we are not sure of the stability of it and it does have the above problems with the icons. That said I will ask him if I can release the version I have to registered users and include it as a high colour option on the distribution disk. I know he does not want work on this so I doubt there will be another version unless his curiosity gets the better of his judgement and he pokes at it some more.
We have come to expect a high standard from Marcel, and thus we should respect his opinion on this and not pressure him to release an incomplete product.
I completely agree.

I also agree with previous comments about producing menus by non graphical means. EASYPTR was the best way to make the menus in spite of its obvious drawbacks in other areas.

-- Roy Wood Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB Tel: +44 (0) 1273 386030 fax: +44 (0) 1273 430501 skype : royqbranch web : www.qbranch.demon.co.uk