Interesting - explains why some of my experiments didn't make a
difference.

George, I am already using your idea of having two menu items to
display both the text and an icon for the entry.  I can get away with
it visually with this kind of split but for a text line split, as you
put it, looks actually worse than silly.

Since there isn't a clean and quick way of doing this, I will
continue and manually position and add the text whenever a menu
location gets updated.  Almost done with that anyway.

Also, George, as to your suggestion about the time delayed hint
window, I will be doing that somewhere else and may use it here.  But
it will be used when the entry is greater than three lines long :)

Cheers,
jim