>> I had the thing working fine last night I though, tonight it's just
>> about
>> approaching Dillwyn mode ( and it's next to a window )
Oi...it's at least 2 weeks since I last threw a PC out of a window and
that was for mis-spelling my name too :-)

Seriously though, I tend to have a vaguely similar but less serious
issue with printing.

My setup is a bit different to yours - you seem to have one Windows
driver for Windows and another Windows driver for QPC2 if I've
understood right - 2 cables from the PC to the same printer, whereas
mine is one cable from printer to PC and a second cable from printer
to Aurora/MinisQL.

If I'm printing a large file from QPC2, printing on the printer often
tends not to start until the program has finished printing. I've never
fully understood why, though it is probably to do with buffering or
possibly (doubt this) that printing does not commence until the actual
printing channel is closed.

At the moment, the PC is connected to the printer via USB for QPC2 and
Windows, and the printer's parallel port is connected to the parallel
socket on my Aurora. It all seems to work fine as long as both don't
try to print same time, then the expected chaos does ensue if both try
printing at the same time.

I use the Epson Stylus 880 on the PC via USB1 and in general I find
that if Windows prints, QPC2 prints, as long as it's a printer which
understands control codes as we are used to. To get the USB printer
working, all I had to do was set PAR1 (all PARs in fact) in QPC2's
configuration dialogue screen to PRINTER (bullet showing in the
'Printer' option, not under LPT1, LPT2 or LPT3). To the right of
Printer I have Default Printer selected and Use Filter is set to off.

If your printer didn't understand control codes, you'd have to resort
to QPCprint.

> At this stage in the procedings a lot of stuff may no longer work as
> advertised, so it may be a good idea (if none of the above works) to
> remove
> (all) your PC's printer installation(s) and start from scratch.
>
> It is a long time since I had to fiddle with printers, so some of
> the info
> above may be out of date or wrong. No doubt someone will put me
> right.
>
> HTH
>
> Per
Since you have 2 drivers installed, this is a possibility. I know QPC2
can print via USB as long as you set the above options so that QPC2
prints fairly transparently to Windows printer driver, but it's
impossible to give a cast iron guarantee it works with all such
printers in exactly the same way I suppose.

Some things never change eh? Printers always did tend to drive us all
up the wall!

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.