John Taylor wrote:

>I have been told that mail sent to me @ntl, from the US is being
>returned as  "unable to deliver."
>Following repeated calls to ntl the spam filter has been removed and
>I now get all the prescription ads etc.
>However, I still cannot receive mail from the US.
>For a while he sent mail to a BT address who then forwarded it to me.
>now he is using Yahoo mail but that has limitations when including
>attachments.
>If anyone has any information I can use it would be very helpful.
>
>Happy New Year to one and all.
>
>John Taylor

NTL mail addresses (like mine) have been having difficulties for some
time. For at least 3 months, mail originating from hotmail addreesed to
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] have randomly received messages tellinng them
that delivery has been delayed. And how right they are! As secretary for
Watford chess club, I found that I was missing so much mail that I had
to give out an alternative to all my essential contacts. I asked
everyone to mail me at both addresses, and by comparing inboxes, I could
work out what percentage had gone astray.  Three  messages  were
received several weeks after they were sent, but about 70% from hotmail
and a small percentage from other ISPs have never been received. This is
nothing to do with spam detection; I set my account up to label all
suspected spam but not to block it.

NTL seem unaware of any problem, saying that it lies at the other end,
but all the NTL xustomers I know have had similar problems.

Jeremy