On  Thu, 5 Jan 2006 at 09:34:27, John Gilpin wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

<request from Ralf R for original Microperipherals eprom - snipped>
>You may or may not be aware that Quanta collects second user QL equipment
>and I hope to catalogue what we currently hold in the near future. The
>purpose of this collection is to help QLers get parts that are no longer
>readily available and at the same time help Quanta financially with any
>financial donations which are received for such items.
>
>At the QL is 21 workshop, Dilwyn Jones kindly arranged a mini exhibition for
>us and some of our stock was used to supplement exhibits which Dilwyn had. I
>remember that we had a single floppy drive from Micro Peripherals which we
>had to call using fdk1_ instead of flp1_ and I also have a second single
>floppy drive which I believe was used as fdk2_ by the original user. Since a
>lot of QLers were not able to attend QL is 21, we have asked Dilwyn if he
>will repeat his exhibition at the Manchester Workshop and AGM in April 2006.
>If you are able to attend this workshop (see Quanta Magazine or QLToday for
>full details) I am sure that these parts could be made available to you in
>exchange for a donation to Quanta. If not, I feel that the postage and
>packing ( they are in their original boxes) costs would be quite high as
>they are fairly heavy items to send by post as are the monitors and printers
>which we hold "in stock". If anyone else out there is looking for a specific
>QL related item, please get in touch with either myself or Rich Mellor of
>RWAP Services to see if we can help you.

All Ralf wants is the eprom.  I have plenty of what I discovered from
Ralf are "QFLP' eproms - produced by Qjump.

If you supplied the FDK eprom to Ralf, I can replace it (FOC) with a
QFLP eprom.

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk