> A good way of getting rid of spam if you are getting a lot of it,
> although after the event, is to use a webmail service to look at
> what
> your ISP has waiting for you on their email server.
>
> You can then delete it there, before you download.
>
> I have found that to be effective.  Although it does cost time of
> phone
> bill too.
That was very useful in my last job. The boss didn't mind us making
reasonable use of web access at work (although he and I didn't get on,
at least he encouraged staff to familiarise with IT as he was trying
to learn to use email/web etc at the time) so as Tesco.net had a
webmail service, it was "the obvious way to QL all day".