>>Quanta has noted both the quality of the site and its great
>>features.
>>Congratulations.
> My main problem with the Quanta site is that every time I have
> looked on
> it, mainly for future events I think, it has been out of date, often
> by
> over a year.
>
> I have simply given up looking there now, so it may be OK now (8-)#
>
> I don't think we need 'great features' to make the Quanta site OK.
>
> Tony
Like most websites, when it comes to Quanta I guess we are looking
more for content and regular updating than technical brilliance. Which
is where so many 'professional' sites go wrong, at least hobbyists can
cite lack of time.

It could be said that technical brilliance is the last thing a QL site
needs anyway - we go on the QL sites to get at the content and
information, not to wait minutes for some flashy animation to
download. At least you can quickly get onto Tony Firshman's site and
hear him speak in no time at all!

I can "sort of" read many QL-related sites via the mono screen on my
mobile phone (OK, I was a bit bored at the time!). If we are to use
something like Lynx to browse on a QL system sites need to be kept to
fairly simple html anyway.

In my own case, I gave up on my site's 'news' page because I couldn't
find time to keep it up to date. It's hard enough ensuring that
something like my 'QL Shows' page gets kept reasonably up to date!