Stephen Usher wrote:

> Well, actually, it was 20 years ago tomorrow, but why wait..
>
> I also got my QL then.
>
> It allowed me to learn how to program in assembler, helped me with MSc project
> (the MSc course used a 68000 board for the robotics stuff and I used the QL as
> a development platform, writing a subset of the QDOS system calls for the
> 68000 board to ease the development) and was a lovely machine to program. I
> see that another subscriber to this list is Robert Newson. Do you still use my
> old terminal emulator program?

Would if the QL worked...handy for testing Bullet ^_^

> It still works, though it's up in my loft at the moment along with the Trump
> Card and the twin 3.5" DD drives.

Mine's still sitting on my desk; however it isn't working at the moment (I
suspect a ULA) :-(

> Ah, the memories.

So much stuff on my 3.2M ED disks I want to get at (eg my year planner
program, and my diary program - prints a weekly twin page diary starting on
any day with 4 days on the left page and 3 on the right to a given size,
complete with printing on both sides of the paper ready for cutting and
binding...)...must get the QL fixed when I get a chance.