Ive had a hell of a time recently. My W2k installation crashed at the most
inopportune time possible and nothing would induce it to run again. I
couldnt even repair or re-install Windoze, although checking the disk on
another machine didnt reveal any problems. I didnt want to wipe the disk for
various reasons. Finally, I saw no other way but to buy a new disk and
install W2k on that.

I spent hours setting up my system anew. Then, during copying the data from
the old disk to the new, it crashed and somehow managed to currupt the
partition table (or something) of the new disk in the process (Grrrrr!). I
had to start all over again.

Its hard to be careful if you dont know whats going on, and I was working to
a different theory when, lo and be-flippin-hold, it happened AGAIN!!!

I feel pretty sure that the installation and data are all intact on my new
disk, and that Windoze is just making a fuss about a byte or two in the boot
record or a partition table which is not to its liking.

Does anyone know of any any programs out there that can fix it? In the old
days I might have tried something like fdisk, but I havent fiddled with this
sort of thing for years now, and my setup is rather complicated, having a
variety of different file systems on various partitions.

This is the only computer I have that will talk to my printer, which is
parallel port bound, and I need to get QPC2 up and running on it before
Monday! HEEEELP!

Per