In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>> Finally the best way to unzip stuff, once you have the unzip program
>> on
>> the QL, is to use FileInfo II. A simple file command line and
>> pointing
>> FileInfo II at the unzip program will allow you to execute a zip
>> file
>> from Cueshell or QPAC 2 and have it unzip into the destination of
>> your
>> choice (I usually use RAM1_) I can send you a screen shot of how I
>> have
>> FileInfo II set up for this if you want, Dilwyn.
>This will be too much for some users I'm afraid. I already have
>FileInfo setup to point to unzip, though in my case I do this to get a
>quick listing rather than extraction. A simple 4 or 5-line basic
>program (see below) seems to be what most people appreciate as a first
>step.

Dilwyn,

If it is OK to distribute the Unzip file, then I will also put a copy on
my web site, together with any explanation text that emerges from this
conversation.

You are right, these small technical issues are rather daunting when you
first try them out.

FileInfo II does take some setting up too.

Perhaps Jim will include an "easy unzip" option in his QDT as it
develops ?

Or your own Launchpad ?

Desktop systems are meant to take away all this "pain" ... :-)

Hence software like WinZip, just sits there on a PC, waiting to be
invoked by the user.

--
Malcolm Cadman