> Hi, I am using lynx to view & edit local HTML files.
> Thanks for the responses I have now solved my problem, basically the
> fork
> program
> that converts unix names to qdos is not found by lynx unless it is
> on the
> qdos
> default program device. There does not seem to be a system variable
> to set
> for this.
>
> Phoebos wrote 2 articles for QToday about internet access from the
> various
> ql systems &
> he has promised to place the software he discussed on his website.
>
> Duncan
Those articles from Phoebus are also available on my QL Documentation
CD. Unfortunately, I think they've been added since the version that
was released as a QL Today cover CD. If Phoebus is happy for me to do
so, I could add his articles to my website. Also on my website is a
copy of Lynx runtime (i.e. without the sources etc) to get people
going until they are confident enough to set it up to their own
requirements. I've successfully used it get online from recent
versions of QPC2 with TCP/IP access capabilities.

Writing a browser for QL systems is probably too ambitious a job,
although that said Tarquin did write a HyperBrowser some time ago.
IIRC that was a html to text converter which also let you click on
links to go from page to page or to view images via Photon.