>> [Age: "pedwar deg chwech" - only known to Welsh speakers :-) ]
> ... and to online dictionaries!  (46)
> My mother though would have known.  She didn't know English until
> she
> learnt it at school as a foreign language!
>
> Tony
Surprising how many QLers have told me at workshops etc they have
Welsh relatives. Seems to have been quite common in the last 100 years
to escape Wales and up roots to work in England - escaping poverty and
unemployment and seeking improved opportunities than was available in
those days. Liverpool is still referred to as capital city of North
Wales by some!