On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:48:31 -0000, P Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>> It appears that FileInfo2 gets in the way. If I only load qpac2 and the
>> QLib
>> runtime it works. If I also load FileInfo2 I get the deviant behaviour.
>>
>> I dont have anything configured in FI2 for _obj and _exe files. For
>> executables Ive just used the fall-back configuration that came with FI2
>> (ie
>> _*). If I delete the EX action for the _* extension in FI2, it works!
>>
>> Could someone provide the details of settings I could use in FI2 that
>> work
>> with HomeDir (if any do)? That way, I presume, FI2-aware programs other
>> than
>> Qpac2 could be made to work with HomeDir too.
>
> Further testing shows me that my FileInfo2_bin file has somehow become
> corrupt. Using a backup FI2 file cures the problem. Apologies for any
> heart-
> and head- aches caused, and thanks to those who tried to help!

At least this proved to be useful - it showed that the home directory was
missing from the Gold Card version, and that the latest QPAC2 was required
to get it to work on the latest SMSQ/e.

So, no need to apologise - now if only we can resolve how to get
MultiDISCOVER working on QubIDE with a CD-ROM

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services