Hi Phil and All
I'm on the QL scene for a few months only, and for now I have only two
black-box QLs but, untill I'll get some SGC, I think there is a field
for software directed to the owners of "naked" QLs (and I'm ready to
spare some of my free time for QL programming). I'm working with C
language for over 15 years and the most exciting things I've done was
for systems like Amstrad's CP/M machines,C64, ZX Spectrum and Atari
800XL, where you had to fight for every byte of addresable userspace.
Today, I'm most excited with programming for embedded systems
(unfortunately, since I'm developing in C++ and Java for live, these are
rare situations). Now, I think people are looking for a megabytes of RAM
and hundreds of megabytes of disk space, whereas what QL offers is
enough for a day-by-day usage (i'm not talking about running enterprise
using QLs and their network :-))

Just my 2 cents (or pennies)...
Sergiusz