In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Phil Kett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>I think we have to face the fact that the QL is a dying breed - we're
>not going to get any new hardware due to costs, and new software is only
>going to be developed by those already developing software. Partly
>because of the cost of getting a 'modern' QL system and partly because
>learning how to program such a system seems to be very, very difficult
>due to a lack of tutorials or available documentation.
There are a lot of books on programming the QL in Assembler, BASIC and C
(although not the modern version) and many of these are available, 2nd
hand, from QUANTA, TF Services, Rich Mellor etc. These all stop short of
the modern system but would provide a grounding in the system.

True, many articles in QL Today which demonstrate programming techniques
etc. are scattered throughout it's 11 volumes. I believe that all of
these still exist in electronic form so maybe there is  some possible
mileage in gathering all of the articles of each series together and
either printing them off as a single volume or putting them on a CD as
PDF files. I have no idea how much work this would be but it would be
work so there would have to be a charge. Nevertheless it would be
worthwhile if it got some people writing software again.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB