Here is a little conundrum for you.

I have a zip file which was sent to me by Jim Hunkins with QDT v 1.01 on
it. It has sat on my downloads directory for ages since v1.02 is the
current one. I was recently asked for a copy of it because the user had
only v1.00 and you have to go through v1.01 to upgrade to v1.02.

The zip file is the one I used to create the distribution of  QDT that I
sold for some time with complete success and no problems from customers.
The archive contains three files :

qdtinst.bas
QDTINST.zip
unzip

OK. So far so good. I copies the whole archive to RAM2_ and unzipped it,
using the QL Unzip program, to RAM1_ I then copies the three files to
flp1_ and sent it out.

When my customer came to use it he found he got and error message about
the zip file having no end of file signature and called me to tell me. I
repeated the first part of the above procedure and checked the
QDTINST.zip file. This unzipped OK. I copied it to a floppy drive and it
failed.

I tried this several times, using a new floppy disk, using different
methods of copying the file but always the same result. Finally I
unzipped the original archive direct from the PC side to a QL floppy
(Good thing QPC2 can see the PC hard drive so easily) and that works.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this should be?

--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB