Hi Malcolm,

>> Not entirely frazzled the old brain then ( in the heat )... ? ... :-)
Not any more than usual I'm afraid - I tend to always be frazzled these days.
;-)

>> I envy you the visit ... Ancient Egypt has always been a favourite
>> period of mine.
I was never there myself, but I do so enjoy the monuments and such like - most
impressive.

>> I do a project at school which uses the background research on a tumbler
>> style lock that the Ancient Egyptians invented - made from wood - which
>> is closely identical to the modern tumbler lock - Yale type lock.
I've either seen it or a replica some years back - nothing new under the sun is
there?

>> A main difference is that they didn't invent the use of the spring
>> inside the lock.
Who needs a spring when you have gravity?

Cheers,
Norman.