In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

Hi Norman,

Yes, it is worth having a Trump Card, if you cannot get the Gold Card or
Super Gold Card - which are hard to find now.

We, at the London QL & Quanta Group recently had a Trump Card available,
although we are now using it ourselves for the Group ... :-)

It gives access to 768K memory, with the largest version, and floppy
disk drives.

Although, only with DD disks with the standard EPROM at the time.

I believe the EPROM can be upgraded.

I used a Cumana ExpanderRAM for many years, which gave 512K + 128K =
640K, and DD disk access.

You could also look out for expansions like this.  There were several
types on the market.  Which all neatly fitted in to the expansion slot
on the side of the QL.  Yet making the QL a lot longer in length on a
desktop.

All of these still used the QL's 68008 main processor.

The big advantage of the Gold Card / Super Gold Card is that they have a
replacement 68000 processor to speed things up too.

--
Malcolm Cadman