On 12 Jan 2009, at 07:05, Urs Koenig (QL) wrote:

> On January 12th 1984 Sir Clive Sinclair presented the Sinclair QL
Professional Computer in a Hollywood-style launch event at the
Intercontinental Hotel, > Hyde Park Corner, London. This was exactly 12 days
earlier than Steve Jobs presented the Apple Macintosh.

> Today, 25 years later we congratulate and celebrate the 25th birthday of
the Sinclair QL!

http://www.qlvsjaguar.homepage.bluewin.ch/SinclairQL_25th_anniversary_1984_t
o_2009.html

Hi all,

if in the end my announcement was bringing some old memories to the present
it was worth it.

Originally I planned to do a big thing, a wide-spread PR case, media
breakfast with Clive, etc. at the same venue as the launch 25 years ago. The
idea was in my mind since last summer, I even set some dates in my agenda
for preparing it, but as you can imagine there was just not enough time in
my life to do such a thing. Those dates in the agenda got skipped with work
and life and in the end I had only some hours last Sunday - very bad weather
in Switzerland, very cold, no sun. - to do some Powerpoint, Photoshop and
html work, set the battle plan for the mailing, etc. On Jan 12th all to be
done between breakfast with family and start of work was to upload the html
pages, send eMail to you all, some more eMails to others, NewsGroups and
media.

I got a lot of positive comments. So for me it was worth the time.

I share some of the good ones...

http://blogs.msdn.com/andypennell/archive/2009/01/12/the-sinclair-ql-is-25-y
rs-old-today.aspx

http://labs.pcw.co.uk/2009/01/sinclair-qls-25.html

http://torvalds-family.blogspot.com/2009/01/odd-hardware.html

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/01/linus-gets-misty-eyed-over-sinclai
r-ql.html

Personally I must say that I was very young - a 17 years old teenager - when
I got my QL. I was impressed by the machine and its concepts. Maybe this was
because I was young and easy to impress (good thought of Linus) but fact is
that all important things on microcomputers I've learnt I did on/with
Sinclair computers. There are so many in ICT "profs" out there who have no
clue on what they are doing...

Take care and have a nice weekend, Urs