arnold.cla...@talk21.com wrote, On 14/11/09 11:59:
 I do not know whether I have Qplane. It was assembled by Qubbesoft in 2003.
The you definitely have Qplane
 The SGC was plugged into Qubide which was plugged into the backplane. I have
separated them and and tried them in different positions.
As it is now, when I switch on with a floppy disk in flp1_, it goes through the first initionalising stage ignoring the floppy and the F1/F2 selction comes up on the screen. I press F1 and it fires up the floppy wich is a Qpac2 floppy. I enter load win1_ boot and I can run the boot file from the line after the SMSQ installation and everythig seems to be working. I did try Aurorql in place of SMSQ but it was the same it stops at the first dot I have discovered a reason why my display occasionally used to break up and a sharp tap on the case used to cure it, and it seems to be the back plane connection
Ah.

Maybe you haven't got the SMSQ line as something like:

IF ver$<>"HBA":<code to run smsq>:ENDIF

.. and SMSQ is loading repeatedly at every restart.

It sounds from your description above that the qubide is working fine.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
t...@firshman.co.uk http://firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman