In message <aanlktilppsanrruhli7ao-pluchjabu7q1exxyn7a...@mail.gmail.com>, Darren Branagh <darrenbran...@gmail.com> writes

On 6/19/10, Dilwyn Jones <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

I think it'd be great to have an "online QL" running in a browser -
perhaps Java based or whatever. I seem to remember someone mentioning
a ZX81 or Spectrum which would run in a browser.

That way, you'd be free of the nuances of any particular QL emulator
or QL compatible - wherever you are, fire up your browser and access
the "QL" over an internet connection. Synchronised online storage
space (there's plenty of free space providers) would ensure your files
would be up to date no matter whether you were running it at home or
away from home.

Ah well, I can dream I suppose ...

Dilwyn Jones

Hi All,

Yes - I'm here and alive and reading with great interest, although
kids, and being in and out of work are keeping me busy, This is the
best thread in ages !! I agree with Dilwyn - an online browser based
QL is vey much needed - I use a ZX Spectrum one all the time via a
Facebook app, great stress relief. :-) most of the games on World of
Spectrum are available this way too.

I would love to see Marcel work on converting QPC to run this way -
Marcel, is this possible? If so, is much work involved?  I certainly
would'nt mind paying a few bob for the ability to pull up a working QL
on ANY PC I happen to be working on - with an internet connection, or
course.

Darren.

Hi Dilwyn,

Nice thought ... a virtual QL21 that would be there, with legacy software and present/future capabilities.

Hi Darren,

Nice to see that we have woken you up again ... :-)

As you both say something like it is being done in a present www browser form with other retro computers.

Keep the ideas coming ... :-)

--
Malcolm Cadman