Hi Dilwyn,

OK ... we seemed to have escaped the "Tony Police" ... :-) ... for
now,
with this posting.

It is MSHOME in Win XP, I have made the subtle change to MCHOME on
my
system.

How do you do the QPC2 shareable part ?

Is that just making the executable a "Share", as well the "QXL.WIN"
"Share" - the latter just being a large File ?

I haven't tried setting QPC2, itself, as shareable.

Obviously, Folders are easy to make as "Shared", so that they appear
all machines on the network.

Mine is a "Peer to Peer" PC network, not through a Server.
As a temporary measure, all I did was copy my QPC2 folder into Shared
Documents and each PC could run it from there.

I don't think you need to flag the executable as "Share" - I just made
sure the folder could be shared as it was within the Shared Documents.
Probably not the best way of doing things, but was good enough to test
it could all work. Then all I did was create a new shortcut icon on
each PC to run it from there.

If anyone can provide better ways of doing this I'm sure Malcolm and I
would appreciate guidance, as I can't say I'm familiar with PC
networking like this. Would be even better if someone could show how to restrict QPC2 to certain users only.

Come to something hasn't it when we are discussing a QPC network over
wireless or cable networks nowadays!

Which has just given me an idea for something to try...although I
can't get the other PCs to print to my printer (e.g. Word from Ann's
laptop) because of the Windows driver issues despite being set to
Share, I wonder if QPC printing to it would be any different? The
Epson is a Stylus 880 Colour with Esc/P2 control codes. I don't know
if this would behave any differently?

Dilwyn Jones

Dilwyn