People can of course also subscribe to a topic (or even sub-forum) within the QL Forum, and then receive an email when a reply is added - you can also add the RSS feed if you like following RSS feeds - simply use Firefox and the RSS feed button appears in the address bar to click on !!

--
Rich Mellor
As you may have guessed, I've never subscribed to anything via RSS feeds. That was mainly because what I'd read about RSS implied that the "Really Simple" part of the name sounded like something I'd complain to Trading Standards about. But, assuming I've got it right, it was Really Simple.

It was actually quite simple in Internet Explorer 8 too (I have Firefox on this PC as well, but IE8 is the "default" browser at the moment). Seems to work, though I haven't tried replying yet, I guess I'd have to logon in the normal way to reply I suppose?

I'm not sure yet if I've set it to "only updated messages" or "everything, everytime" (time will tell, I missed a step in the process).

When you hover the pointer over the QL forum categories, the "bubble help" says "no unread posts" all the time, yet there were unread messages when I looked. Is this a fault, or is it because I'm (in theory) seeing everything by RSS now?

Thanks for that Rich, that's one more hurdle in the Windoze world overcome for the benefit of my QLing!

Dilwyn