Dave Walker wrote, on 10/Mar/11 08:22 | Mar10:

-----Original Message-----
From: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com [mailto:ql-users-
boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] On Behalf Of Lee Privett
Sent: 09 March 2011 19:10
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] QL Blog

Funnily enough I have never Google'd myself I think there is a name for
that, anyway so much for anonymity.

Congrats to you Dave&  your other(better?) half btw, hope you have a
long and happy one

Does anyone know anything about the Medic interface boards for the QL,
I have just acquired one but do not know if its working or not, haven't
connected it up yet but it seems to have interface connections for HD
and FD. I assume it Medic although I haven't found any distinguishing
marks?

The medic board had a very distinct shape - so it would be easy to tell from
a photo.

It is QL slot width from the QL connector (of course) but then widens out to match the QL depth. The case has "Medic" on it and matches the QL, but you clearly do not have that. At the back of the LH side of the board are two connectors - LH is floppy and RH is parallel printer port.
I don't know if the parallel port is bi-directional.

It has the capability of powering off the QL if a regulator is fitted.
Beware though - a fully populated Medic board draws too much power, or so they decided.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk