Hi Dave,

I respectfully 100% disagree. :)
No worries!

When a community leaves everything to one individual, any number of problems
can arise. Abandonment, accident, distraction, personal matters.
That was my point too - although, unmentioned. If peter has been working for a while he may be losing interest, or motivation etc. My suggestion was to **offer** assistance. I mentioned that peter may have his reasons for not asking for help, that's fine. But we should at least offer - if we are able to.

> Also, often
the individual has their own goals that may not coincide with the needs or
best interests of the community.
Agreed.

<SNIP>

Suggesting people shouldn't even talk about ideas because someone _maybe_
has a project of undefined goal and specification that they haven't publicly
discussed with anyone, and which may not surface for several more years...
I never suggested that we shouldn't talk about things - I enjoy the hardware discussions even though most of the time I'm clueless - I was merely suggesting that if a (similar) project to what was being discussed was actually in progress, then maybe we should consider cooperating.

<SNIP>

Respectfully,
And taken as such. ;-)

Cheers,