From: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com
[mailto:ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] On Behalf Of Norman Dunbar
Sent: 04 August 2011 13:50
To: ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Raspberry Pi the £15 PC

On 04/08/11 12:43, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> Whilst I agree with most of what you say, Bryan, the likeliest
> scenario for using it as a "QL" is that it will have some form of
> native OS with which a QL emulator would have to be run......

Based on the actual price of the device, around $25, then I am having
extreme difficulty seeing how they can even begin to think about
putting a commercial OS on there.

Many devices nowadays, for example, most ebook readers,  have embedded
Linux of some sort simply because (a) it works and (b) it's free and
so keeps the prices down.

I don't see Microsoft giving away free versions of Windows to help
keep the price of anything down - well, not unless you are a big
government agency or similar, but then you get screwed on support and
software costs.

I suspect, but don't know, that it will come with some form of Linux
onboard.

Cheers,
Norm.

--