On 03/08/11 11:04, Bryan Horstmann wrote:

I think from the later info this is a $20 computer £15 to us. There is
also some info that WINE isn't an emulator but DOSBOX might be useable.
WINE should be usable if the Linux onboard is a standard one. Ubuntu is fairly standard - and that's what they are showing it off with.

I believe someone from the QL community has already had contact with
them about getting SBASIC or similar on.
I doubt that this will work. SBASIC is written in 68000 assembler and the ARM chip runs its own assembly language - I doubt that the two are compatible.

Unless someone writes a version of SBASIC in C or C++ perhaps (Now that would make Tony Tebby's eyes water!) which would compile (and hopefully run) on the ARM chip.

> Portable Apps is a way of
running prograns without installing on the host machine and slowing the
machine down with installed programmes used infrequently.
Yes, but for Windows only I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Norm.

--