The first 10,000 have arrived in the UK but are now being held up as RS and Farnell are demanding a formal CE test, rather than the usual self certification.

This might be a problem, as they are uncased and are bound to produce EMI.
In the USA the FCC allow manufacturers to bypass this by labelling: "This product may cause interference".

I wonder how mobile phones get around this - we have all heard the interference they cause!

The QL black box was absolutely awful, both for interference, and also susceptibility to interference. That directly spawned my "Computer Cleaner".

Tony
--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman