Tony Firshman wrote, on 19/Oct/12 17:22 | Oct19:
George Gwilt wrote, on 19/Oct/12 17:10 | Oct19:

Geirge (sic)/

On 19 Oct 2012, at 12:48, Geoff Wicks wrote:

The Quanta site has been down for at least 2 days. Has Quanta closed
down?

Regards

Duncan

I think the website has been deliberately taken down. It was no
longer available from the day of the committee meeting held to
discuss it. I hope it is only temporary.

There was nothing wrong with the site as such other than that it was
not kept up to date. If all the committee, including the officers,
pulled their weight it would not be a difficult job.

To my mind there are four areas to keep up to date:

1: News. This is already happening so no problem there.

2: Shows information. When the site was taken down it was still
advertising the Austrian show held 3 months previously. It should not
be difficult to keep show information up to date as there are only
two or three shows per year.

3: Quanta Magazine. This is the most difficult part, but would only
need updating 6 times a year.

4: Quanta News. This would be a new area in which the officers should
keep the members up to date on Quanta developments. Up to now Quanta
has regarded the magazine as being the first source of information
for the members. This should now become the web.

There is also the question of the members' area. You have made
constructive suggestions that Quanta should consider,

Ah QUANTA is back!!

Geirge

    ^----- Seems you aren't though (8-)#

Tiny (sic)

... and that reminds me of a really *brilliant* similar misprint in a post recently:

"Geraldine Muchova, a Scot who loved through the communist Czech darkness and emerged with her integrity intact, has died at the great age of 95."

It would be nice to imagine it wasn't a misprint.

Tony

--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman