On 1/21/2013 2:14 PM, nor...@dunbar-it.co.uk wrote:
I wonder if the emulator is doing an awful lot of "thinking" in the background?
After all, QDOS was flashing cursors, running interrupt code, flushing slave blocks etc.

This is correct. On all systems that I have rum SMSQmulator, it really sucks up the CPU time. There is an option to have it take up less CPU time when the cursor is blinking.

Even when running 100% CPU, I've found the other applications are not greatly impacted and are fairly responsive. I just noticed my fan kick in a lot more often.

Tim Swenson