I wonder if the emulator is doing an awful lot of "thinking" in the background?
After all, QDOS was flashing cursors, running interrupt code, flushing slave blocks etc.

Equally, I bet there is a huge amount of work being done under the covers by
the emulated MC680xx processor.

As I said in the earlier message, the emulator is just a continuous loop, always emulating M68K instructions which never stop: Even when "idle", Smsq/e always runs (if just to blink the cursor, or just to check that it is not doing anything etc).

I have noticed that QPC somehow manages to modulate the CPU time needed when being idle, but I have no idea how that is achieved.

Wolfgang