The Gold Card and Super Gold Card are quite different in this respect.

The custom logic on the GC and SCG that I have are both Altera chips that
max out at 50MHz, which gives a top CPU speed of 25 MHz. However, the SGC
clocks the CPU at 24MHz, probably because that frequency allows faster
memory transfers than at 25 MHz which could cause additional wait states.
The 68EC020 was the fastest one made, 25 MHz, though a full 68020 was
available as a 33 MHz version in a different package. However, the CPLD
will not run at 66 MHz.

The 68000 in that socket style did have an FN20 (20 MHz) version, and
swapping the CPU and clock IC might have the desired result, or it might
not.

I don't know if the contents of the custom logic in the cards is the same
or different, but both the ones I have here have EPROMS with the same
contents, both labelled "SGC 2.49".

Dave