George Gwilt wrote, on 21/Mar/13 11:05 | Mar21:

On 20 Mar 2013, at 21:06, Tony Firshman wrote:

Thankyou to everybody for correcting my grammer, I am now considered told
off.

.... so I had better not tell you of for your spelling  of 'grammar'
then (8-)#

A long time ago I used to pause while reading articles when I found "faulty
grammar". But  I eventually came to the conclusion that it was more rewarding to
take in what was written rather than how it was written. Even later I realised that the
grammar we were taught at school is not a set of rules to be obeyed but a set of
discoveries about how real people speak and write.

Okay, back to the Cue Ell.

... but grammar is the foundation of language *and* understanding.
Let grammar slip and meaning becomes less clear, or even entirely different!

Tony

--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman