On 1 Apr 2013, at 15:36, Wolfgang Lenerz wrote:

> Doesn't turbo automatially cliam more heap space when it needs it?
> The whole purpose of this prog is that when the program starts.
> I don't know the dimension the array will ultimately need,

Turbo cannot choose the dataspace which might be needed in a program it is
compiling. You can either choose a specific dataspace on compilation or
increase it after compilation. My program adj_ds allows the increase of a
program's dataspace and, if has been compiled by Turbo, the stack space too
(which sometimes has to be increased).

>> You have to call TURBO from master basic. but you can do this from another
>> program by using  COMMAND_LINE to select the master basic and then TYPE_IN
>> to set the command CHARGE which causes the compilation with a report sent to
>> ram1.
>>

> Doesn't this mean that the program to be "charge"d will need to be loaded
> into Job 0, too?

Yes. Turbo won't compile a program unless the program resides, tokenised, in
the master basic area.

George