Am 02.04.2013 um 19:32 schrieb Wolfgang Lenerz:

>> All,
>> Turbo does the very same thing, in my understanding - just with two
>> different executables - parser_task and codegen_task, and the "intermediate
>> file format" is not QSAVE, but something different - which is not officially
>> documented. If you use such a file as input for codegen_task, Turbo can very
>> well "compile from a file".
>
> Interesting - does "parser_task" actually generate a file?
> One difference is, of course, that you can qsave a file from any s*basic job,
> whereas is seems that parser_task seems to need the program to be loaded into
> job 0.
>
> Wolfgang

Yes, it does - Typically on ram1_, but that can be changed by configuration, as
far as I recall. Easily explained by the typical shortage of RAM QLs used to
have in the early 90ies ;)
And yes, you're right with your second sentence. Turbo gives an "invalid job"
error if you try to compile from a daughter SBASIC.

Regards,
Tobias