I have no idea about the zxprojects device on youtube.

It's a device that is plugged into the expansion ROM connector. It offers a SD inteface and a 16K ROM with firmware. It is able to perform fast reads by using MOVE.L instruction that can read 4 bytes from the SD card in one instruction.

I designed the hardware and ran some tests, which is what you have seen on Youtube (Family Guy opening and so on)

For the firmware, Rich Mellor contacted me and told me that Adrian Ives was going to write / adapt a suitable firmware. I sent the prototype I built to Adrian, plus some documentation and the core routines for low level access, so I assume he's working with the interface right now.

--
Miguel Angel
@zxprojects | www.zxprojects.com