Hi,

Ah, OK, thanks.
I downloaded this hatari emulator.
I see the following behaviour:

If I use this with the "tos" that came with it ("emultos"), in STE mode (32 Mhz, 4 MB mem) and use "mono" as Atari monitor, then smsq/e works fine. If I use any other screen mode, it doesn't work, which is not surprising as Smsqe then seems to need a screen adapter (e.g. qvme).

If now I use the "mono" monitor mode but with a "real" tos image (2.06)
still in STE mode (32 Mhz, 4 MB mem),then this crashes somewhere.

Is that the behaviour you also find, i.e. it works with emultos but not real tos?

Wolfgang

NB:

How to set a breakpoint in the smsqe sources that will call the hatari debugger:

insert the following sequence in the smsqe sources where you want the breakpoint to happen :

move.l  D0,-(A7)
move.l  #$12345678,d0
nop
move.l  (a7)+,d0

compile etc.

Start the emulation and call up the debugger (alt gr + pause) then
insert the follwing in the debugger:

b d0 = $12345678

followed by
to continue the emulation.

Start smsqe and the debugger will pop up as soon as d0 = $12345678....

I can already tell you that the crash seem to happen before the
smsq_atari_driver_dv3_asm module is called.

Wolfgang