I think, but I'm not 100% certain, that the source code for Turbo, The Editor etc, by the author who's name escapes me right now, are or were online many years ago. I may even have downloaded them at some point. I remember definitely looking through the source for
The Editor so I did get it somewhere legal.
Turbo was originally by Simon Goodwin and Chas Dillon. At various stages, parts were updated by David Gilham, Mark Knight and George Gwilt. George maintains it now and both the compiler, toolkit, manuals and sources are available to download free of charge nowadays from George's site at http://gwiltprogs.info/page2.htm

The Editor was originally from Chas Dillon and was updated by Mark Knight as "Editor 2000". This updated version plus sources is available to download as freeware from my site at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/editview/index.html

The sources for many of Chas Dillon's programs are at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/cdillon/index.html (sadly not including CPort). These are Freeware and not public domain. At the time, Chas only supplied me with the sources - you will need Turbo to recompile them and some of them include only limited documentation.

Unfortunately, I don't still have a copy of Chas's original message (lost during computer failure a few years ago) concerning the release of his QL software and without that email I can't be 100% sure that all of his programs were covered. I do remember that his copies were held on the hard disk of a failed Thor XVI and what appears on my site was what he had been able to recover at the time.

Perhaps if Rich or anyone else I was in contact with at the time has copies of that email, I could do with a copy to verify exactly what was said.

Reverse engineering a compiled SuperBasic task might be more trouble than simply rewriting from scratch? If necessary there's a program I wrote yes ago, which Dilwyn updated, that decodes a QSAVE'd program. I'm certain that could be used as the basis for a new Cport lexer perhaps. It is called something like decode_qsave or similar.
It formed the basis of a Quanta Helpline article, available from the Quanta website at https://quanta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/QUANTA-HELPLINE-07.pdf - I think it's the same article as the one below. The updating Norman referred to was to get it to decode some additional tokens in SBASIC.

There's a doc file here, I think it's Word format:
http://www.sitelevel.com/click?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dilwyn.me.uk%2fdocs%2fformats%2fsavfiles.doc&sid=YCsXx5g7rfbNG11e
- which contains a listing of the program.
Also at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/formats/savfiles.pdf

Dilwyn Jones

-----
No virus found in this message.