What a QL weekend!

In sequence, here's highlight number one...

John wrote:
> Urs will be presenting to the M68k group.I figured some may want to turn up
> as the show is pretty good!
Thank you very much John for your interest and support.

Yes, that happened Friday night and was such a great opportunity and awesome
experience!

Invited and motivated by host Carsten Strotmann in November 2020, I had
developed a plan and a worked out script to the present the QL in its glory.
Preparation of the site and rehearsal took about 20 hours. Plus, without the
work invested into "QL/E" in December 2020, the whole demo would not have been
so smooth.

The whole thing has been recorded and is now available on YouTube!

The Grand Tour of Sinclair QL - Planet m68k evening chat Friday Jan 22nd 2021
https://youtu.be/Y4fhN5Qd5bo

This is all about the Sinclair QL world!

Here follows some written information given verbally in the presentation.

First-timers best start with the distribution "QL/E":
http://sinclairql.net/repository.html#QLE

Have fun with QL/E!

In case you want everything (GBs of documentation, software and pictures), get
"QL IS 30 2014 - THE DISTRIBUTION, RELOADED!" which includes "QL/E":
http://sinclairql.net/repository.html#TheDistribution

The book mentioned at the end of the presentation is called "DELETE." See the
pictures of the Sinclair Industrial Design work in this 2013 video "RETURN,
DELETE, TODAY...":
https://youtu.be/alP8r9dFxZs

QL web resources mentioned in the presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR
https://www.youtube.com/QLvsJAGUAR/community
http://sinclairql.net/
http://sinclairql.net/about_urs.html
http://www.wlenerz.com/smsqe/
https://www.kilgus.net/
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/

And in the chat after the presentation we also talked more deeply about C
compilers. Here's a good article on "C-Compilers for the QL" and "Cross
Compilation for the Sinclair QL using qdos-gcc"
https://github.com/linneman/snake

I very much enjoyed presenting the Sinclair QL Professional Computer system on
the Planet m68k evening chat!

Video recorded and edited by Carsten Strotmann of Planet m68k. Thank you very
much Carsten for making all this possible!
http://m68k.info

QL forever!