I have tried to setup a file acsi ( or whatever it is called ) using HD
driver.  I created a partition as required from the manual.  In Hatari the
HD status flashes when trying to access it from smsq. But for example
format fails with medium detect failed.

I remember this from a few years ago. It works on real hw but not in
emulator.  Same on mister.

Emulating A TT is a nice workaround.
Thanks for the info!

Michael