On 08/11/2021 10:51, François Van Emelen via Ql-Users wrote:

Op 6/11/2021 om 21:03 schreef pjwitte via Ql-Users:
Ive just "upgraded" to Windows 11, as I didnt want to get caught out again being <>

Hi Per,

Can't help you here as I'm still using W7. Installing QPC2 /Smsqmulator  on a Linux machine could solve your problem( at least temporary). Not difficult, even I could do it.

Wolfgang and Marcel could have a look at it.

BTW: thanks for the treasures I found on Knoware.

Have  a fine day.

François Van Emelen

Hi François,

Ive installed and used Linux many times since Red Hat V1.00 - and I still hate it!

I have a beautiful 12 year old MacBook Pro that used to run W7U. When M$ stopped supporting W7, threatening dire consequences for those who didnt upgrade to W10, I decided to give Linux another twirl. I tried numerous variants; they all missed out various vital aspects of the Mac hardware and BIOS, and whatever I tried, I couldnt fix it. In the end, the best fit was Ubuntu. (I guess I could have reverted to using OSX. But while OSX no doubt can handle the Mac hardware, Im pretty sure no SMSQ/E environment can happily co-exist with such a smug, solipsistic OS!)

Yes, I got QPC2 running under Wine, and SMSQmulator, of course, but they were clearly operating in hostile territory - you couldnt just forget you were running an emulator under some foreign host - all the host's baggage was there, barely concealed. So I bought a new laptop with W10, thinking Id be safe for another ten years or so.. And now this!

Thanks for your kind words on Knoware.

Per