Marcel Kilgus wrote:
>François Van Emelen wrote:
>> As far as I know, only QD and Qspread use animated icons, but then
they are
>> not created with Easyptr 3, I think.
>
>They do the animation themselves. The PE can only animate mouse
>pointers.
Thank you Marcel. Armed with that I got the animated Easyptr sprites
working first time. So the instructions for creating an animated
sprite in Easyptr are correct, but it is not too obvious that they can
only be used as mouse pointers. I suppose it may be this way in case
the pointer environment ever handles animated objects as well as mouse
pointers (Easyptr can only do what PE can manage after all).

As you say, only mouse pointers can be animated, loose item objects
and info onjects using animated sprites only display the first frame
of the animated sprite. It is still great fun to make a mouse pointer
that changes colour all the time, for example!

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]