On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:38:40 -0000, "Dilwyn Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Can anyone help me with an Easyptr query? I am trying to assign a
> sprite to be a loose item object within a BASIC program, with the
> MITEM command. It works fine if you put the sprite in the loose item
> from Easymenu, but the sprite needs to be changed from BASIC.

There is a bug in MITEM that prevents it to load a sprite by its name
(or filename). The workaround is to place the sprite into an appendix
and to load it by its address with:

MITEM #Channel,Item_number,-2,SPRA(Sprite_number)

where sprite_number is the number of appearance in the appendix file
(this appendix has to be linked to the QLiberated program).

QDOS/SMS forever !

Thierry ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).