>>       4) What shall I use to:
>>               A) wordprocessor
>Text 87
>>               B) spreadsheet (w/ .xls translation or something similar)
>Q Spread
>>               C) database (not complex, just for a collection control)
>DATAdesign or SuQcess
>You could also use the Archive / Quill / Abacus / Easel package,
>Xchange.
The suggestion of Xchange as a main option has the advantage of being
free to the user and the disadvantage of being very outdated software.
Fine to download and use but, if we want to attract and keep new users
to the system they should realise that the better options are those
suggested above even if they do have to pay for them. If you only
suggest Xchange the new user may suspect that we are all stuck in the
quagmire of 80's computing  and close the door quietly behind him. This
is not so I can make some money (but I would not complain) but so we
present the most modern face to the outside world.

--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK