>> > Interestingly, not all legitimate commercial interests
>> > are served equally humbly here. When Peter Graf tried
>> > to acquire the right to give away (for free) SMSQ-Q40
>> > binaries in exchange for a substantial payment to TT
>> > he was turned down (not because he offered too little
>> > money btw).
>> > This means that Peter has no means to ensure that SMSQ
>> > will be available for the Q40/Q60 in the future - and
>> > that after having invested horrendeous amounts of money
>> > into SMSQ development for functionality that isn't even
>> > implemented until today.
This line of argument is spurious. SMSQ/E for the Q40/Q60 will continue
to exist and Peter or you have the right to apply to become an official
reseller. Your only commitment in this regard is that you offer support
for the versions you sell and you pay the licence fee for the copies you
sell. You can sell them at cost if you want that is up to you. I will
not be selling Q40/Q60 SMSQ/E and neither will Jochen so the ball is in
your court.
>Does he also have a good case to actually get the features
>implemented?
>Peter might have respondend himself would you have kept the
>cc ql-developpers (I am adding it again).
He could also have replied had he not behaved like a teenager and
stormed out this group. This fragmentation is stupid and childish.
>Ususally I would not hold *you* responsible for this as
>Peter and me would do the few fixes myself, however your
>license does make it impossible for a few people to support
>SMSQ so you should see how you want to fill the holes.
>Your license also leaves the question of availablity for
>specific platforms completely unresolved, hence my concern
>about Q40/Q60 SMSQ availability.
>Is that too much asked? You can also try to convince me
>with a different license.
Again apply to be a =n official reseller and follow the rules. Give it
away for free if you want but pay TT for each one sold. It is that
simple.

--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK