Roy,
the compatibility problem isn't necessarily a problem. I mean if you get an SMSQ/E
w/ background IO, better Fs and TCP/IP stack all rolled into one... I really don't
care if Quill runs into it :-) That's the price of progress anyway :-)
That is true for you because you are not one who sells and provides support for software. For those of us who are it is a nightmare. When TT changed one thing in SMSQ/E other things fell apart - and these are changes from someone who wrote the code. I know this because I got all of the test versions that most of you did not see. You only saw the versions that we thought worked and even then there were the occasional glitches. Furthermore, as Marcel has said all of the free work he has put in has been distributed in the source code whereas the secret patches ADVERTISED by D&D remain that.

However I am fairly convinced that there was a separate agreement between Peter
and Tony... (I don't remember where exactly I picked that up but I am certain that
I did) and in that case D&D can do as they please.
See Jochen's and Wolfgang's emails about this. Believe me I asked about this a long while ago from people who actually know.
Despite the bitterness in his
email (justified or not -as i said I don't have all the facts on the case so I cannot
tell or judge and even if I had I wouldn't at least not here :-) - non withstanding),
I have no bitterness. I like D&D as people and I have said on many occasions that I would rather they were a part of the resellers community rather than outside of it.
Dennis makes a very interesting point on which nobody but D&D and their
customers know.... how many Q60 were sold WITH SMSQ/E on ROM?

Irrelevant if they advertise that they sell it when they have no licence to do so.
Since i am a hopeless romantic and no matter how much (being a Greek) I like a
good fight ;-))) I will theorise that there is another possibility that this is an
information age "glitch" and not malicious intent (Which I had no signs of from both
involved "parties" which I have found in personal dealings to be honest and
trustworthy... that goes for Dennis, Derek AND Wolfgang (Names sorted
alphabetically)). I observed in mailings that I exchanged with D&D in the past that
some got lost... That was way before any of this discussion (in the timeframe that
is inferred from the various emails).... can it therefore be COMPLETELY
unreasonable to say that D&D never received Wolfgang's mailings? There are people
that cannot email me on my adelphia mailboxes as they are controlled by various
spam blockers which throw out many mails and that's one reason that I created my
own... Is it totally impossible that something similar happened here?
Many times, emails that I send to demon.co.uk mailboxes get lost in the way (that
has happened with you AND tony both of you using demon). It wasn't your fault
and it wasn't mine either :-)
True but I have seen the replies from D&D that they acknowledge the warnings that TF has sent them. If the email fails there is also a little thing called a telephone.
BTW: Roy, did you get my email re SGC/SMSQ/E etc?
I got the SGC this morning and I will pass it on for examination. I am useless at these things but I know a man........

P.S. I am not taking sides here, I would just wish this not to go further... however
that's the last i am going to comment on the matter...
I would rather it had been resolved before it came to this too but my natural insistence that people do not hide behind 'lost email' and other rubbish must out.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK

  • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Bill Cable
  • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος