In message <023001c286b2$90e7b480$91f4193e@asusone>, dndsystems1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Roy Wood - read this.

From Peter reguarding never ending story from you about illeagl
versions.
--------------------
It was a bug in the memory manager. TT told me that he was desperately
searching but could not find it. We tried to help him and Richard
finally
located it, and after some tests for reliability I submitted the
bugfix to
TT at 22.03.2001. At 15.05.2001 TT informed me that he had included
the fix into his version. TT did not inform me about a new version
number for this
fix so I called it "2.98 patched" instead of increasing the version
number.

Beyond that I have never distributed any patches.
--------------------
Is that clear? It is only a fix for a bug with the nickname of
'patched'. I told you about this bug fix face to face at Quanta Hove
Feb 2002 and thought no more of it. Well?
I was given a patched version at the Hove show which would not work on my Q 40. I was told 'buy a new Q60' - a verbatim quote. Not helpful to me and not helpful to the people who bought Q 40s from us and had problems. I suspect there were other changes in main chips on the Q40 after we sold them but that would be paranoia wouldn't it ?
Whatever the point, this was still a change and therefore still illegal. It was never submitted to Wolfgang as source code. Not in the official release and therefore against the licence. You may say that TT said he had included it in his release but it was not in v 2.99 so he obviously didn't. As an official SMSQ/E reseller I was never passed this code as a new release. You actually had no rights to release it. Squirm how you want.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK

  • ... wlenerz
  • ... Roy Wood
  • ... Dave P
  • ... wlenerz