In article <001401c2a485$30fa2260$482aff3e@blackpc>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>> I would also recommend Dilwyn's 'QTrans' - dual window file
>transfer -
>> as it makes it a 'doddle' to copy files from one device to another
>with
>> the pointer environment, rather than typing direct commands.

>Just bear in mind that the current version of QTrans doesn't reliably
>change filenames when copying between directories. Copying a file
>called letter_doc from win1_quill_ to win1_abacus_ will sometimes give
>you win1_abacus_quill_letter_doc. This is something I'm working on!

Yes, I am aware of that.

I assumed that this was just the straight 'copying' of the sub
directory, which is sometimes useful and often not wanted.

It would be nice to have the choice to include or not include the
'directories'.  In fact the '_' underscore and name, that we are calling
a sub directory.

As you know it is possible to edit out manually the 'directory' part of
the destination name.

QTrans is still a joy to use.  Well done !

The ability to 'execute' programs, and the 'viewer' are both features
that make it a very useful 'frontend', as well as a file transfer
facilitator.

--
Malcolm Cadman