In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, P Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
I do think it unfair that some people carry a disproportionate
cost in time and/or money to keep the whole thing going. I think ways should
be considered to distribute this load more fairly. But how?
I do not think that any of us traders really see it that way. Some of us do put a lot of time and no small amount of money into QL ventures but, when it comes down to it, we do it because we enjoy some, if not all, aspects of what we do. I enjoy going to shows and I enjoy writing my column in the magazine. While Jochen and I were sitting in Calais last weekend talking about this we both decided that we would continue to do this as long as we could for that very reason. I would like to see things move quicker, more programs being written and more new hardware but I am also realistic enough to realise that this may not happen as I want. Most users have all the programs/hardware we sell so what can we sell them ? I keep trying to get people to write new stuff - maybe we could do something with some of your efforts Per.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.